PROTECT YOUR MONEY
Tips for protecting yourself against fraud and theft
No one will ever phone or email you asking for your Reloadable PayPower Visa® Prepaid Card number or a PayPower Reload Pack number.
If this occurs, hang up immediately, regardless of what the person on the other end of the phone tells you and call 1 (866) 215 3758 to report this as it is fraud.
Protect yourself against fraud; be aware of current fraud trends and know how to protect yourself and your money.
A few tips for protecting yourself against fraud and theft when purchasing Reloadable PayPower Visa® Prepaid Cards and Reload Packs:
- Never provide your PayPower Reload Pack number (10 digit number under the scratcher on the back of your Reload Pack) to anyone, especially to someone you do not know or trust over the phone. Remember your PayPower Reload Pack is just like cash in your pocket.
- When purchasing Reloadable PayPower Visa® Prepaid Cards and PayPower Reload Packs, always inspect the pack being purchased and look for tampering of any kind.
- Do not use your Reload Pack to pay taxes, bail bond, fees for winnings, or any other type of payment.
- For your Reloadable PayPower Visa® Prepaid Card, never share your PIN (4 digit number used at ATMs) with anybody.
- Check account information and transaction history on a regular basis to ensure there are no fraudulent or unauthorized charges on your account.
- Protect yourself against fraud; be aware of current fraud trends and know how to protect yourself and your money. Click the below links to learn more about these trends in Canada.
- Refuse any offer (Lottery Notice, Product or Service) whereby the purchase of a PayPower Reload pack is required and you are asked to share the PayPower Reload pack number with anybody.
- Do not use your PayPower Reload Pack to pay taxes, fees for winnings, or any other type of payment.
Check account information and transaction history on a regular basis to ensure there are no fraudulent or unauthorized charges on your account.
PLEASE KEEP THESE TIPS IN MIND WHEN PURCHASING AND USING PAYPOWER RELOAD AND PAYPOWER GPR PRODUCTS. TREAT YOUR RELOAD PACK THE WAY YOU WOULD TREAT THE CASH IN YOUR WALLET
- CRA Scam
- Grandparent or Emergency Scams
- Romance Scams
- Email and Internet Scams
- Employment Scams
- Telemarketing Scams
- Charity Scams
- Gift Card Scam
- Popular Scams
- Popular Tactics To Avoid
- Consultants Who Charge For Assistance
- Who To Talk To If You Think You’ve Been Scammed
- Consumer Beware List
- Canadian Anti-Fraud Center